IPsec-Tools is a port of KAME's IPsec utilities to the Linux-2.6 IPsec
implementation. It supports NetBSD and FreeBSD as well.
- Library with PF_KEY implementation.
- Tool to manipulate and dump the kernel Security Policy Database (SPD)
and Security Association Database (SAD).
- Internet Key Exchange (IKE) daemon for automatically keying IPsec connections.
- A shell-based control tool for racoon
- IPsec-Tools Wiki...
- ... for issue tracking and latest information.
- IPsec-Tools Project Page...
- ... hosted on SourceForge.net
- Browse the mailing list archive...
- Or subscribe and send us your comments, report problems, etc.
- Security bugreports...
- ... should go to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a private list - you may post here but only the development team members can read it. It is safe to post security related bugreports here.
- ... the latest sources.
- Linux advanced routing and traffic control
- and especially its chapter IPsec HOWTO for Linux-2.6.
- NetBSD's IPSec How-to and Remote user access VPN how-to
- Contains a lot of useful information on racoon configuration on NetBSD. Most of it apply to other systems.
- ... when things don't want to work.
- The KAME project
- For the original implementation done for BSD systems.
- Derek Atkins
- Ported the package to Linux 2.6 IPsec stack.
- Michal Ludvig
- Wrote support for NAT-T and PlainRSA, rewrote autoconf & friends buildsystem, packaging and release maintainer.
- Emmanuel Dreyfus
- NetBSD guy, wrote Hybrid-AUTH and fragmentation support.
- Yvan Vanhullebus
- NETASQ and FreeBSD guy,
wrote Dead-Peer-Detection support, and various other things....
- Matthew Grooms
- Shrew Soft Inc guy,
Various modecfg improvements, xauth ldap & group validation support, sainfo section cleanup and bug fixes ....
- Timo Teräs
- OpenNHRP guy, made ipsec-tools usable
for Dynamic Multipoint VPN. Code performance improvements and many bug fixes.
- Fred Senault
- Various bugfixes.
- Aidas Kasparas
- Various bugfixes.
- Bill Nottingham, Brian Buesker, Christophe Saout,
Kimmo Koivisto, Ralf Spenneberg, and many unsung heroes
- Bugreports, bugfixes, documentation, testing, etc. Thanks a lot!